September 15, 2011@10:05 PM


This is the first time I’ll be celebrating their anniversary, but although I’ve only been in this fandom for a little under a year, it feels like I’ve known them and been their fans for years. I guess that’s the effect Arashi has on people. You feel like you’re actually friends with them, like you’ve known them for years. The feeling I get when they bring up an inside joke, and although it’s just a video they’re miles away on the other hemisphere, I feel like I’m not just laughing at the joke they’re making, but laughing with them. Or when they cried on 24hr terebi and the tears just flowed uncontrollably because I know that they’re not just putting on an act and understand that between the 5 of them, there is a really tight and beautiful friendship, which has captured many fan’s hearts. This feeling is precious ♥

To the fish-loving leader, Oh-chan. Thank you for being the ‘unidol-like’ Johnnys you are. Although it may be true that intelligence wise, Sho-chan would be more ‘Leader-like’ but in my opinion, you are the perfect leader. I still remember that when I first started to become a little interested in Arashi, Oh-chan was definitely not that high on my favourites (not just Arashi) list, but now, you, along with Arashi are definitely in the top 5. Thank you for making the choice of continuing being an idol, because you are an amazing singer, dancer and the perfect Naruse Ryo and Kaibutsu-kun ♥

To the Newscaster, Sho-chan. Thank you for being a serious newscaster by day and idiotic but adorable hamster by night. I remember the first time I saw you was in the Love so sweet PV, and the first thing I thought was “That guy’s hair is so looongg” but then when I rewatched it again, I just couldn’t stop thinking how pretty your eyes were. Although you may not like your sloping shoulders, I think they’re beautiful ♥

To the Baka Tensai Aiba-chan. Thank you for being the energetic, animal loving man you are. Your smile is so bright and from the heart, that a smile on my face just help but form as well. At first when I watched the Love so sweet PV, for some reason, you really were my least favourite member from Arashi. But after watching alot of variety shows, which got me into the fandom, my ichiban immediately became you. Although you are almost always smiling, when you do cry, I can’t help but cry with you. Like during the 2004 24hr terebi when you read out your letter, as soon as you started talking about the times when your lung collapsed, tears just streamed down uncontrollably. When you cried in My Girl, my heart just broke. I love how you really do love what you’re doing, no matter if it’s variety shows, concerts, or just being with the other members, but don’t work yourself too hard and look after your health ♥

To the forever 17 Oshaberi Kazunari. Thank you for being such an amazing singer, songwriter and actor. Your solos never fail to be one of my favourite songs. Although you can be such a brat sometimes, there are times when you really show that you do really love Arashi and being a group with the other 4 members and this friendship is one of the main reasons why I love Arashi so much. Your acting was amazing and I truly think they should’ve given you an Oscar for letters from Iwo Jima. Your magic tricks never fail to amaze me and I would still continue supporting you (and the rest of Arashi) even if you do have a girlfriend ♥

To the beautiful Diva, J. Thank you for being an idol overall! If it wasn’t for you, I don’t think I would ever have started liking J-dramas and therefore started liking J-pop and falling into the Arashi fandom. I was and wasn’t Jun-baited in the sense that watching Gokusen and loving the Sawada Shin character Matsujun created really got me into everything Japan related, but even after watching Hana Yori Dango, I wasn’t an Arashian then, just a fan of Matsujun. And again, thank you for acting in Gokusen and put me in this obsession ♥

And finally, thank you Arashi, for being the dorky, adorable, hot, down to earth, amazing, cheerful, bright, retarded, and crazy 5 ikemens which, like a certain tumblerer (I forgot who) once said, “looks like a rainbow had just puked on them”. I have no idea what I would be like if I hadn’t met you, so please continue being the dorks you are and we, Arashians will be cheering you on ♥

ONCE AN ARASHIAN, FOREVER AN ARASHIAN ♥

Labels:


rewindfastforward